5k and 10k course maps are at the bottom of this page.
Race day athlete check-in is in the Woodloch Theater, 731 Welcome Lake Drive, Hawley PA. There will be signs directing athletes and families to the parking area.
The races are a qualifier for the Boston Marathon. The course is certified (certificate PA12012WB).
- Mile marker signs at every mile (as well as paint on the road surface)
- Signs that can’t be missed at the turnarounds (marathon, half-marathon, 10k and 5k)
- Marathon and half marathon turns. Please don’t miss them! I think only 5 people have missed turns in the 4 previous years of the race. Each turn will have signage, paint on the ground, cones and more signs letting you know it’s time to turn. RD Rule of Thumb, “When you think you have enough signs on the course so that nobody can possibly get lost, double the signage!” I will have double the signage on the course.
- Here are the “pay attention to” turns on the course:
- Mile 1.8 Right turn onto Masthope Plank Road
- Mile 8.5 or so. You’ll go under a railroad trestle, Go left here! You will have the option to go straight, but if you do, you will see a wall masquerading as a road. It is straight up. DO NOT GO STRAIGHT. You will run out of oxygen plus you will get lost.
- Mile 11.7. This is the end of Masthope Plank Road. You will know it very well after 9.9 miles on it. Go Right Here! There will be a portapotty here as well.
- Half Marathon Turnaround: You’ll have signage, cones, paint and a volunteer here. It is at mile 12.3 of the course.
- Marathon Turnaround: You’ll have signage, cones, paint and a volunteer here. It is at mile 18.8.
I hope you’ll find the race pricing an incredible value after you’ve experienced the event and obtained the race shirt, 6 inch finisher’s medal, post race barbeque, and, hopefully, an award!
The course map is located here:
It is a certified Boston Marathon qualifying course.
The half marathon follows the marathon course. At Masthope Plank Road and Rte 590, mile 11.75, the half marathoners will turn right, as will the marathoners. The half marathoners will go out Rte 590 for about .75 miles, then turnaround and head back to the finish area.
The course elevation map is posted here:
Video of the Course
Part 1 : This video covers the start of the Two Rivers Marathon (at Woodloch) to around mile 5.
Part 2 of 3: This video shows miles 5 to 11.75, which is the point that the athlete turns onto Rte 590 for the out and back along the Lackawaxen River. I recommend viewing 4:45 to 7:00 minutes into this video (little hills on the course) and 9:30 to 11:25 (end of video–shows turn onto Rte 590 and shows finish line).
Part 3 of 3: This video covers the out and back along the Lackawaxen River. For marathoners, they will be on this road (Route 590) for 7 miles. For half marathoners, they will be on this road for 3/4 of a mile. Both events will have clearly marked turnarounds.
GPS Info for start and finish of marathon and half marathon:
Finish Line GPS : Two River Junction
Start Line GPS : Woodloch Resort
5k and 10k Course Maps:
The 5k and 10k races start in front of Two Rivers Junction store, 107 Scenic Drive, in Lackawaxen. This is basically the finish area for the marathon and half marathon. You will finish the 5k and 10k under the same finish arch as the other events, just inside the park across from Two Rivers Junction.
On the above link, I basically show the start out to the 10k turnaround. It’s an out and back course. The 10k turnaround is where the red rectangle is on the map. The 5k turnaround is the spot on the map where 590 is (basically halfway to the 10k turnaround. For the 10k, you will gain 141 feet in 3.1 miles. You will lose 141 feet on the return part of the event. The 5k gains about 70 feet in 1.55 miles and loses 70 feet on the return.
There are not any climbs on either course. Gaining 50 feet per mile is less than a 1 percent grade.
If you have any questions on any of the courses, please contact me. Mark 570 470 4942, email@example.com Thank you!