The 2017 races will be held on March 25 and 26, with a 9am start for the marathon and half marathon, and a 10am start for the 5k and 10k races.
Race day athlete check-in is in the Woodloch Theater, 731 Welcome Lake Drive, Hawley PA. There will be signs directing athletes and families to the parking area.
The races are a qualifier for the Boston Marathon. The course is certified (certificate PA12012WB).
- Mile marker signs at every mile (as well as paint on the road surface)
- Signs that can’t be missed at the turnarounds (marathon, half-marathon, 10k and 5k)
- Marathon and half marathon turns. Please don’t miss them! I think only 5 people have missed turns in the 4 previous years of the race. Each turn will have signage, paint on the ground, cones and more signs letting you know it’s time to turn. RD Rule of Thumb, “When you think you have enough signs on the course so that nobody can possibly get lost, double the signage!” I will have double the signage on the course.
- Here are the “pay attention to” turns on the course:
- Mile 1.8 Right turn onto Masthope Plank Road
- Mile 8.5 or so. You’ll go under a railroad trestle, Go left here! You will have the option to go straight, but if you do, you will see a wall masquerading as a road. It is straight up. DO NOT GO STRAIGHT. You will run out of oxygen plus you will get lost.
- Mile 11.7. This is the end of Masthope Plank Road. You will know it very well after 9.9 miles on it. Go Right Here! There will be a portapotty here as well.
- Half Marathon Turnaround: You’ll have signage, cones, paint and a volunteer here. It is at mile 12.3 of the course.
- Marathon Turnaround: You’ll have signage, cones, paint and a volunteer here. It is at mile 18.8.
I hope you’ll find the race pricing an incredible value after you’ve experienced the event and obtained the race shirt, 6 inch finisher’s medal, post race barbeque, and, hopefully, an award!
The course map is located here:
It is a certified Boston Marathon qualifying course.
The half marathon follows the marathon course. At Masthope Plank Road and Rte 590, mile 11.75, the half marathoners will turn right, as will the marathoners. The half marathoners will go out Rte 590 for about .75 miles, then turnaround and head back to the finish area.
The course elevation map is posted here:
Video of the Course
Part 1 : This video covers the start of the Two Rivers Marathon (at Woodloch) to around mile 5.
Part 2 of 3: This video shows miles 5 to 11.75, which is the point that the athlete turns onto Rte 590 for the out and back along the Lackawaxen River. I recommend viewing 4:45 to 7:00 minutes into this video (little hills on the course) and 9:30 to 11:25 (end of video–shows turn onto Rte 590 and shows finish line).
Part 3 of 3: This video covers the out and back along the Lackawaxen River. For marathoners, they will be on this road (Route 590) for 7 miles. For half marathoners, they will be on this road for 3/4 of a mile. Both events will have clearly marked turnarounds.
GPS Info for start and finish of marathon and half marathon: